Monday, September 04, 2006

Driving home from work today, as I got on the interstate, after driving only a couple of miles I found that traffic had reached nearly a standstill. Assuming there had to be some kind of incedent on the roadways I spent the next thirty minutes listen for any kind of accident or delays on this road, only to find that things should be moving without any problems. After about 10-15 more minutes of things crawling along, I finally saw that up ahead on the shoulder; a single car was pulled over by a single police cruiser, now once we got past them traffic resumed to normal speed. Now my question is; why, when people see flashing light on the side of the road, do the feel the need to slow themselves to a maximum speed of 30 MPH? I understand slowing down some, or moving over, of some other form of respect for the situation. But is it really necessary to back up traffic for miles just because someone wants to gawk at another persons misfortune?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home